Happy June everybody! I was recently nominated for The Kreativ Blogger Award by MD, a cool and savvy young lady who author’s “An Evil Nymph’s Blog” (http://evilnymphstuff.wordpress.com) – Thank you very much my dear! It’s always nice to be acknowledged by fellow writers in some way or another. The rules of this engagement is as follows (and sorry, I know… it’s a bit like chain mail – but alas, you still get to find out a little more about me instead of my usual poetry and prose postings).
1. Thank my nominator and provide a link to their blog (sorted – above)
2. List seven things that readers might find interesting about me (below)
3. Nominate seven other bloggers (below)
The 7 things about me…
1. In the morning I usually eat Quakers Oats mixed with crushed Coconut Oil (as it has to be kept in the fridge) and Manuka honey along with (if time allows) cheese melted into freerange egg on wholemeal toast.
2. I love acting and dance – hence, I am always whizzing about my home like a crazed monkey, but with lines and a purpose of course! My friend and I are in the process of retraining the actors within and hope to stage a two-man performance in our local area by the end of the year.
3. I have lived in Japan for 3 years, but currently live in London with my wife (who is Japanese) and two children (boy and girl) with another due in October.
4. I love science, spirituality and wellbeing – and such is my passion I am currently writing a holistic wellbeing guide which I will self-publish
5. I went to rough schools (which some may term ghetto) and lived in a tough area, but whilst growing up and living the talk and walk I was always a geek and nerd deep down – still am! Then again, I think we all are for something even if we don’t admit to it.
6. I have climbed Mount Fuji twice, but whilst I managed to gaze upon the stars within touching distance and melted as the sun rose glimmering out across an ocean of white clouds… the experience doesn’t come close to the birth of my two children. Still… It was bloody awesome!
7. I have Anglo-Jamaican heritage, but naturally my Jamaican side feeds back to Africa (as we all do – scientifically proven), and on my English side there is also Dutch and Welsh in previous generations.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Kreativ Blogger Award because they are have been most interactive with Spirativity recently and plus they are just absolutely Buddha!
hastywords – http://hastywords.wordpress.com/
upwiththechickens – http://onalittlebuffalofarm.wordpress.com/
Written Words Never Die – http://ericalaganfanclub.wordpress.com/
Bucket List Publications – http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/
Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride – http://susielindau.com/
francescannotwrite – http://francescannotwrite.wordpress.com/
Bottled Up Sentiments – http://bottledupsentiments.wordpress.com/
Bonus Blog from my Mexican sister:
jghstudio – http://jghstudio.com/
N.B. The featured photo for this latest post was designed with love in South Korea by one of my closest partners in creative crime (aka Korean Star) and represents my direct Anglo-Jamaican heritage.